Bridal Shows are a fun and effective tool in wedding planning. There is no better way to shop and compare wedding services, ideas and inspirations than at an event that showcases wedding professionals all in one place. With the ability to meet potential vendors in person as well as get insight and advice for your special day, a bridal show is a “must do” in the wedding planning process. A bridal show not only provides information and ideas for wedding planning but is also a great way to spend a day with your wedding party, family and fiancé focusing on you and your special day. Show discounts, door prizes, samples, free magazines, food tastings, photo opps, makeovers, seminars, demonstrations, entertainment and fashion shows are an added bonus to attending bridal shows. To make the most of these events, here are some tips every bride should know before you go. . . .
1. CREATE A WEDDING EMAIL ADDRESS An wedding email address will help you keep all of your wedding planning information together in one account.
2 RVSP OR PRE-REGISTER FOR A SHOW By pre-registering or buying tickets online, you save time getting into the show. Just like a wedding, bridal shows need to know an approximate count of attendees to plan for the amount of cake needed for tasting, door prizes, swag bags, magazines, and samples.
3. WEAR COMFORTABLE SHOES From boutique bridal shows to large wedding convention expos, you will be on your feet for most of the time and generally covering a lot of ground, so wear comfortable shoes to keep your feet happy.
4. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST Although many shows offer cake and food samples, hor d’oeuvres and other treats, it is still not a meal and you don’t want hunger to interrupt your fun.
5. GROOMS ARE ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND A Wedding Trade Show Expo goes by many names including "Bridal Show", "Bride Expo", "Bridal Faire", and "Wedding Show." Most of these names contain the word “bride” and none say “Groom.” For that reason many grooms feel that it is not an event for them, but indeed it is. The groom can help the bride make decisions about wedding services such as invitations and flowers as well as check out "manly" wedding services such as tuxedos, djs, honeymoon destinations and photography.
6. BRING LABELS Most exhibiting companies have enter to win contests or show specials at their booths. By having pre-printed labels with your name, wedding date and contact info you can enter quickly. Printed labels also help you to provide your information to companies that you are interested in.
7. TAKE NOTES AND PICTURES Bridal shows can be overwhelming, especially when you are just staring out. You want to remember who you spoke with and whose services impressed you even if you are not ready to book right away. Most exhibitors are happy for you to take photos of their service, but it is always nice to ask. Remember, if your notes or photos aren't clear, you can always follow up with the bridal show company to ask about their exhibitors. The more information you have, the easier it is to put you in contact with that company
8. ENTER TO WIN! Wedding professionals provide real prizes which are generally geared around weddings (perfect for you) so definitely enter to win! At bridal shows the saying is "few will enter, many will win!"
9. KEEP AN OPEN MIND Have a budget in mind as well as the types of services that you are looking for. Be prepared, however, to see ideas, services and wedding day inspirations that you had not thought of (the wedding industry is an ever-creative bunch always coming up with something exciting and new). Take the time to check out these services to see if they would be something to incorporate in your special day.
10. FOLLOW UP WITH COMPANIES YOU LIKE Wedding professionals at bridal shows are actively out there exhibiting their service and style to personally meet brides and ultimately book weddings. They are confident in their customer service and product so rather than just relying on a website or stylized photos, they are there to speak with brides in person. They want to help you achieve your dream wedding by providing a quality service. Because of this, their calendars book up quickly, so if you speak with someone that you are interested in, be sure to follow up with them after the show to schedule an appointment for more information or to secure your date.
11. CHECK THE EVENT YOU WANT TO ATTEND Not all bridal shows are created equal so take the time to research where the show is being held (location is generally a good reflection of a show). Check out the bridal show producer's website, videos and social networking sites to see photos from past events. Feel free to email or call the company producing the show to ask questions. Experienced bridal show producers value the brides attending their events, and are happy to speak with you.
12. HAVE FUN! Have fun with wedding planning. Extend the joy and excitement of your wedding day by enjoying the wedding planning process. Be queen for the day as a V.I.B. – Very Important Bride. attending a bridal show where every exhibitor is interested in knowing about your day including wedding colors, wedding date, engagement and wedding party. Take the time to talk about your plans and enjoy and savor your upcoming day.
Tips to Know Before You Go is written by Premier Bridal Shows, Southern California’s Largest Upscale Bridal Shows. Premier Bridal Shows has been bringing brides and wedding professionals together since 1997. With 12-16 events each year, Premier Bridal Shows services Orange County, Los Angeles, The South Bay as well as the Inland Empire. For Bridal Shows in your area visit www.premierbridalshows.com Photo credit - MelvinGilbert.com
Premier Bridal Shows is Southern California's Wedding World for Brides
When a couple gets engaged, their world changes. Especially for the bride. The Bride's world is transformed into a buzz of activity that includes excitement, joy, happiness, and a lot of work and planning. The task can seem almost impossible at times. Family and friends can offer advice but the bride and groom still have to consider so many options including budget, style, theme and many more wedding day details. Premier Bridal Shows has been bringing top quality wedding professionals together with brides since 1997. At our bridal shows and wedding expos, we have created a world for brides to enjoy. This bride world includes an array of ideas and inspirations that would "wow" any wedding couple planning their special day. From online listings of top quality wedding professionals, and special deals, tips and discounts on social networks like Pinterest (@premierbridal) Instagram (@premierbridal) and Facebook (/thePremierBridalShows) to day of shopping and comparing hundreds of wedding ideas and services at our exclusive Orange County Wedding Shows, LA Wedding Shows, South Bay Bridal Shows and Inland Empire Bride Expos, brides and grooms discover a world of wedding planning through SoCal's Best Bridal Shows - Premier Bridal Shows.